(NOTE: The Book cover may vary if published by different companies.)
Author: The Graphic Artists Guild
Book Size A5
Black and white
Book Description: The industry bible for communication design and illustration professionals, with updated information, listings, and pricing guidelines.
Graphic Artists Guild Handbook is the industry bible for communication design and illustration professionals. A comprehensive reference guide, the Handbook helps graphic artists navigate the world of pricing, collecting payment, and protecting their creative work, with essential advice for growing a freelance business to create a sustainable and rewarding livelihood.
This sixteenth edition provides excellent, up-to-date guidance, incorporating new information, listings, and pricing guidelines. It offers graphic artists practical tips on how to negotiate the best deals, price their services accurately, and create contracts that protect their rights. Sample contracts and other documents are included.
For the sixteenth edition, the content has been reorganized, topics have been expanded, and new chapters have been added to create a resource that is more relevant to how graphic artists work today.
- More in-depth information for the self-employed on how to price work to make a sustainable living and plan for times of economic uncertainty.
- A new chapter on using skills and talents to maximize income with multiple revenue streams—workshops, videos, niche markets, passion projects, selling art, and much more.
- Current U.S. salary information and freelance rates by discipline.
- Pricing guidelines for buyers and sellers.
- Up-to-date copyright registration information.
- Model contracts and forms to adapt to your specific needs.
- Interviews with eleven self-employed graphic artists who have created successful careers,using many of the practices found in this Handbook.